Prevention of Sexual Harassment Policy
Harns Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (hereafter referred to as "the Company") is committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment for all its employees, suppliers, customers, and visitors. The Company maintains zero tolerance for sexual harassment and is dedicated to ensuring that every individual associated with the organization is treated with dignity and respect.
This Policy applies to all employees (on-roll and contractual), suppliers, customers, visitors, and any other related parties who interact with Harns Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
The Policy covers any and all allegations or complaints of sexual harassment made by an individual against another individual, regardless of whether the incident occurred within the Company premises or outside, during work-related interactions, or in any other context related to the Company.
3.1 "Employee" refers to any person employed by Harns Technologies, including both regular and contractual employees, to whom this policy is applicable.
3.2 "Employer" means any person responsible for the management, supervision, and control of the workplace.
3.3 "Sexual Harassment" refers to any unwanted conduct of a sexual nature, including but not limited to:
a) Unwanted physical contact or advances.
b) Verbal forms, such as unwelcome sexual remarks, jokes, or comments.
c) Non-verbal gestures or displays of sexually explicit materials.
d) Implied or explicit promises or threats related to employment status or benefits.
e) Creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile work environment.
4. Policy Statement:
a) Harns Technologies expects all its employees and stakeholders to maintain the highest standards of dignity, respect, and positive regard in all interactions.
b) The Company is committed to providing a work environment free from sexual harassment and takes all complaints seriously.
c) Any individual found guilty of committing an act of sexual harassment will face appropriate disciplinary action as per the Company's service rules and applicable laws.
d) The Company will ensure that all complaints of sexual harassment are dealt with in a sensitive, expeditious, and confidential manner.
e) Harns Technologies will protect employees against victimization or retaliation for reporting complaints of sexual harassment.
5. Internal Complaints Committee (ICC):
Harns Technologies has constituted an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) to address complaints related to sexual harassment.
The committee members are as follows:
Sharon Robinson (Presiding Member) -
Krutika Chavan (Internal Member) -
Muhammed Abdulla NC (Internal Member) -
Ritesh Bhargava (Internal Member) -
Aparna Gonate (External Member) -
6. Grievance Procedure:
a) Any individual who experiences or witnesses sexual harassment should promptly report it to any member of the ICC or through the Company's whistle-blower platform within 30 days of the incident.
b) The complaint should be in writing and signed by the complainant.
c) The ICC will conduct a meeting with the complainant within 15 days of receiving the complaint.
d) The accused will be given an opportunity to respond to the allegations, and an enquiry will be conducted.
e) If the complaint is found to be false and malafide, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the complainant.
All complaints and related proceedings will be kept confidential to the extent possible, and information will not be disclosed to the public, press, or media.
This policy is operational from the date of approval mentioned below.
Prepared by: Sharon Robinson (Senior Manager HRBP)
Date: 21-06-2023 (Preparation)
Reviewed by: Muhammad Abdulla NC (Head of Sales and Marketing)
Approved by: Azhar KA (Director)
1. Protection against Victimisation: The Company is committed to taking appropriate steps to prevent sexual harassment. In case an employee becomes a victim of sexual harassment, they have the option to request a transfer of the perpetrator or their own transfer to another department, branch, or station to ensure a safe work environment.
2. Obligation of the Management: The Management of the Company shall provide all necessary assistance to ensure the effective implementation of this policy. They are responsible for promoting awareness about sexual harassment and creating a supportive work environment for all employees.
3. Third Party Harassment: If sexual harassment occurs as a result of an act or omission by any third party or an outsider, the Company will take all necessary and reasonable steps to assist the affected person. This support may include providing counselling, legal guidance, or other forms of assistance to address the situation.
4. Annual Report: The Internal Complaint Committee shall prepare an Annual Report at the end of each calendar/financial year of the Company. This report will provide a full account of the committee's activities during the previous year, including the number of complaints received, actions taken, and any other relevant information. The report will be forwarded to the Management or the nominated person/committee, and a consolidated report will be submitted as mandated under the Act to the concerned authorities.